28 Oct 2015

Are You Called To Be a Servant? Find Out

When Paul called himself a bond - servant of Christ, he was referring to an Old Testament law under by which you serve your master faithfully for six years.

However, in the seventh year, the law said that you had to be set free. But if you turn back when you were released and said 'Masters, I am not serving you because I have to but because I want to', 'then your master took you before the judge and pierced your ear, signifying that you belong to him forever; that you were committed to listening to him and obeying him'. Exodus 21:6.

Today pray that, 'Lord, I am not serving You because I have to but because I want to. Pierce my ears, Mark me as Yours, bond me together with You so that I can never belong to another. 

When Ministry losses its passion, it becomes an empty profession. The very word 'minister' is a verb and not just a noun. It's what you do, not what you claim to be. The word  'servant' also refers to a third - level galley slave chained to an Oar on a Roman ship. 

Day and night you rowed to the drumbeat of the ship's master, whether you were in a battle or in merchant service. And you expected to die chained to that Oar. What a picture! 

It's what Paul had in mind when he wrote: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service" (Romans 12v1). When you think of what Christ has done for you, is it too much to ask? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe By Email For Daily Messages

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner